Do you want to start a business or set up a social/cultural initiative? Are you someone with refugee or migrant experience? Are you keen to get help moving forward with your idea and to make it a success? Do you want to work together with other talented people on your idea?
OR Do you want to use your business and start-up knowledge to support entrepreneurs with migrant and refugee experience?
Questions? Join our Information Evening on 1st March 2017 from 18.00 in the Impact Hub Zurich Garage (Geroldstrasse 33, 8005 Zurich)
Capacity has written a blog post for the Impact Hub Zürich blog channel on RonOrp Zürich, about how the Capacity Mentoring Programme started, and how you can get involved with our work: Read blog post here
Questions? If you are interested in joining the programme as a participant, mentor or trainer, please attend the Information Evening on 1st March 2017, 18.00-21.00 at the Impact Hub Garage, Geroldstrasse 33, 8005 Zürich. All details on the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/397360290618691/
We are looking for a Treasurer and finance expert to join our association as a Trustee on a voluntary basis and support our small and dynamic team.
– Manage the daily finance work of Capacity
– Complete and manage the end-of-year financial report (‘Jahresabschluss’)
– Support fundraising and sponsorship work with advice and contacts
– Prepare a budget for next year’s program
– Take part in the Capacity team’s daily activities (1 meeting per week)
Experience and qualifications:
– You are a fluent German or English speaker, with excellent skills in the other language.
– You have experience working as a treasurer or finance expert. Previous experience with charitable finances and end-of-year returns an advantage.
– Experience with sponsorship and fundraising is an advantage
– An entrepreneurial attitude, willing to think outside the box around challenges such as funding, influence and implementation of projects would be helpful
What do we offer you?
– A small and dynamic team of volunteers to work with
– Insights into the challenges that migrants and refugees face in Switzerland and experience in working on intercultural issues
– Networking opportunities with people from across the Zurich business community
– Reimbursement of expenses
Interested in this opportunity? Please send an email with your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you would like to join Capacity to Emily Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forwards to meeting you!
On the 7th of December Capacity and the participants of the 2016 Capacity mentoring programme hosted the final event for the programme – a celebration of the hard work and community that came together to support our 11 participants with their business and project development.
We had a fantastic speech from Dr. Kijan Espahangizi on migration and entrepreneurship, followed by presentations to the participants of a certificate of completion, and a small thank you gift to each mentor. The evening ended with an Apero and networking.
We would like to thank our partners, and all our volunteers, mentors, trainers and participants for supporting us and helping us deliver the programme this year. We are now looking ahead to the next programme which will start in May 2017. Watch this space!
A look behind the scenes – the participants of the recently launched Capacity Mentoring Projects 2016 present their ideas! These ideas are as diverse as the participants: They include, among others, the organisation of intercultural events, the marketing of self-made products, the importation of goods, as well as support programmes for refugees. On 20th June 2016 you have the opportunity to discuss these ideas with the (aspiring or active) refugee and migrant entrepreneurs. If you are interested, there might even be room for collaboration: Some of the mentees are looking for cooperation partners or volunteers for their social/cultural initiatives. Come to the Impact HUB Garage, stay for as long or short as you like, and be inspired by the ideas as well as the potential of the participants of the Capacity Mentoring Projects. We look forward to meeting you!