Fundraising Manager Opportunity (Volunteer-based on Commission)
Capacity is a Non-Profit Association that helps refugees and migrants to reach their human potential. We do this through programmes, workshops, mentoring, networking events and engagement with businesses and policy. You can read more about Capacity on www.capacityzurich.ch
We are looking for an enthusiastic Fundraising Manager to join our Association and support our social justice endeavours. We are looking for a candidate who would like to take the lead on managing our 2017-2018 fundraising strategy. This is a commission-based position, being proportional to the overall funds raised and payable per month, at the end of each month. The commission compensation applies for amounts raised from 5000 CHF/EUR or higher.
– Manage Capacity’s 2017-2018 fundraising strategy
– Support fundraising, sponsorship and publicity in English and German languages
– Identify key influencers and new leads for funding as well as maintain existing partnerships with individuals, corporate donors, other NGOs, foundations, charitable trusts and governmental institutions
– Organization of various fundraising campaigns and events
– Working closely with Capacity’s leadership team and other fundraisers to share best practice and shape overall Capacity strategy in addition to taking part in the Capacity team’s daily activities (1 meeting per week)
Experience and qualifications:
– Fluent in German or English (oral & written) with excellent skills (at least B2-C1) in the other language. Any additional language is an asset
– Previous experience in fundraising, based on Swiss German market segments is essential
– Experience with advertising and publicity, sponsorship and fundraising, ideally crowdfunding
– A background in migration/intercultural studies/refugee work/humanitarian work/social entrepreneurship would be an advantage
– An entrepreneurial attitude, willing to think outside the box around challenges such as funding, influence and implementation of projects would be helpful
– Avid networker and communicator, confident working across languages and cultures
What do we offer you?
– A small team of passionate, friendly pragmatic people to work with, in an agile and flexible workplace
– Experience in working on intercultural issues
– A chance to make a concrete difference to the lives of entrepreneurs with migrant/refugee backgrounds in Switzerland
Interested in this opportunity? Please send an email with your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you would like to join Capacity’s team to Valentina S. Velandia at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to meeting you!
We are looking forward to meeting you!