We are looking for a Treasurer and finance expert to join our association as a Trustee on a voluntary basis and support our small and dynamic team.
– Manage the daily finance work of Capacity
– Complete and manage the end-of-year financial report (‘Jahresabschluss’)
– Support fundraising and sponsorship work with advice and contacts
– Prepare a budget for next year’s program
– Take part in the Capacity team’s daily activities (1 meeting per week)
Experience and qualifications:
– You are a fluent German or English speaker, with excellent skills in the other language.
– You have experience working as a treasurer or finance expert. Previous experience with charitable finances and end-of-year returns an advantage.
– Experience with sponsorship and fundraising is an advantage
– An entrepreneurial attitude, willing to think outside the box around challenges such as funding, influence and implementation of projects would be helpful
What do we offer you?
– A small and dynamic team of volunteers to work with
– Insights into the challenges that migrants and refugees face in Switzerland and experience in working on intercultural issues
– Networking opportunities with people from across the Zurich business community
– Reimbursement of expenses
Interested in this opportunity? Please send an email with your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you would like to join Capacity to Emily Adams at email@example.com
We are looking forwards to meeting you!
On the 7th of December Capacity and the participants of the 2016 Capacity mentoring programme hosted the final event for the programme – a celebration of the hard work and community that came together to support our 11 participants with their business and project development.
We had a fantastic speech from Dr. Kijan Espahangizi on migration and entrepreneurship, followed by presentations to the participants of a certificate of completion, and a small thank you gift to each mentor. The evening ended with an Apero and networking.
We would like to thank our partners, and all our volunteers, mentors, trainers and participants for supporting us and helping us deliver the programme this year. We are now looking ahead to the next programme which will start in May 2017. Watch this space!
A look behind the scenes – the participants of the recently launched Capacity Mentoring Projects 2016 present their ideas! These ideas are as diverse as the participants: They include, among others, the organisation of intercultural events, the marketing of self-made products, the importation of goods, as well as support programmes for refugees. On 20th June 2016 you have the opportunity to discuss these ideas with the (aspiring or active) refugee and migrant entrepreneurs. If you are interested, there might even be room for collaboration: Some of the mentees are looking for cooperation partners or volunteers for their social/cultural initiatives. Come to the Impact HUB Garage, stay for as long or short as you like, and be inspired by the ideas as well as the potential of the participants of the Capacity Mentoring Projects. We look forward to meeting you!
Around 80 people joined staff from Capacity, Social Fabric and Action from Switzerland at Impact Hub Zurich to discuss how to empower refugees. Three questions (around the needs of refugees, economic independence and innovative ideas for impact) were discussed, in both German and English. Results were also shared online (look for @CapacityZurich and #refugeepower to follow the discussion and see the conclusions that we came to and ideas that we had!). A Facebook group was spontaneously formed from the participants at the event, to encourage greater contact between Zurich based locals and refugees: https://www.facebook.com/groups/refugeeZurich/ Do join if you are interested in this issue! The event catering was generously supported by EBay and Alternative Bank Schweiz. The discussion will be written up jointly by Capacity, Social Fabric and Action from Switzerland in the next week or so, and will be shared online.
An event co-hosted by Capacity, Social Fabric and Action from Switzerland, online via Twitter using the hashtag #refugeepowerand with a live event at the Impact Hub in Zürich at Viaduktstrasse 93, starting 8th of march at 18.15. Join us to discuss how we can disrupt current discussions about the refugee crisis, and engage with refugees to co-create innovative solutions that allow refugees to maximise their human potential whilst benefiting their new host societies.
We are looking for a corporate partner to participate in this event with us. Does your company want to engage in refugee empowerment? Let us know!